3D puzzle/platformer with 2-player co-op that learns kids various aspects of light through puzzels.
- Gain experience with XNA 4.
- Multiple puzzles explaining various aspects of light.
- Support for 2-player local co-op (puzzles require 2 players).
- Build from heightmap.
- Multiple levels of detail (stitching inbetween levels).
- Offline PVS generation for fast occulsion testing.
- Rendering/updating objects
- Indexed rendering for objects such as trees.
- Occulsion testing using a quad tree and ray tracers.
- Basic collision detection using a sphere as a first check and more detailed.
- Game Editor
- Modify heightmap.
- Placing objects.
- Test performance on a all platforms from the beginning. Xbox 360 is quite a different beast compared to a gaming desktop.
- Working with an external party (artists) can be difficult.
- Hierarchical architecture for game objects is a pain to work with as the amount of different objects grow.